Thursday, March 10, 2011

Unto you

God's really been speaking to me lately, usually at the strangest of times. I was recently telling a friend about some of the dreams and visions that God's been laying upon my heart. I told her how some of these things sounds so big, so out there...that I can't even fathom ever doing them. She reminded me that is how God works, He gives us these crazy big dreams, and leaves it up to us to trust Him, let Him work it out, and leaves it to us to step out in faith and believe that He can and will do it.

I was reading about the Israelites crossing the Jordan and instead of being at it's usual 100 feet wide...it was at flood stage and over 1 mile wide! But...God gave the command and Joshua told the priests to take the Ark of the Covenant first and begin to walk into the river!

and when those who carried the ark came into the Jordan, and the feet of the priests carrying the ark were dipped in the edge of the water (for the Jordan overflows all its banks all the days of harvest), 16the waters which were flowing down from above stood and rose up in one heap, a great distance away at Adam, the city that is beside Zarethan; and those which were flowing down toward the sea of the Arabah, the Salt Sea, were completely cut off. So the people crossed opposite Jericho. 17And the priests who carried the ark of the covenant of the LORD stood firm on dry ground in the middle of the Jordan while all Israel crossed on dry ground, until all the nation had finished crossing the Jordan.~ Joshua 3:15-17

How many times had God called upon us to do something radical, something that doesn't make sense, something that seems impossible? I pray that we may trust God today, that we may lose ourselves in Him, for He is the only one that matters! I pray that God will call upon us again, and that we may answer, Yes Lord, and go do the impossible through Him!

I remembered this song today...and I can't stop listening to it. Thought I'd share. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment