Saturday, March 12, 2011

I want




Psalm 97:11-12 - "Light is shed upon the righteous and joy on the upright in heart. Rejoice in the LORD, you who are righteous, and praise his holy name." 

Isaiah 35:10 - "And the ransomed of the LORD will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away."

Isaiah 55:12 - "You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands." 

John 16:22 - "So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy."   

Today, I was thinking...what is it that I want? I want to finish school, I want to help people, I want to be successful, I want...and then it hit me...this is all what "I" want...which is fine...but are these really what I want? Why do I want these things? And like a ton of bricks it hit me...I want to be like Jesus. When it's all I, I, I...I lose track of what matters. I focus on me, I lose sight of what's important. What I really want, is to be like Jesus. Why do I want to finish school? Why do I want to help people? Why so I want to be successful? If I just want these things to better myself or to glorify myself...I will fail every time. But...if I can see my life in Him and through Him. See my purposes through His purposes, I will succeed, I will be all I want and more...when I'm like Jesus.

Don't forget that you are made in the image of your Father God. Don't get caught up in this world, for it's passing and fleeting, and all these things will fade away, but the things of God will stand forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment