Saturday, January 29, 2011

Why worry?

Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.  ~Leo Buscaglia

If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today.  ~E. Joseph Cossman

Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it gets you nowhere.  ~Glenn Turner

Worry. We all do it. But why? Has anyone ever solved anything by worrying? I think not. Usually, we just cause ourselves stress, anxiety and ruin any possibility of a good day...by worrying. Worry makes us focus on ourselves, worry bogs us down and puts blinders on us, worry makes us take our eyes off our Father God and try to make things happen ourselves. 

I know it's hard to do, but I want you just imagine putting all your worries, your troubles and etc into a box. This box is in your hands. Now, I want you to close the lid, with all your worries inside, and give the box to the Lord. When I get overwhelmed, I imagine myself doing this, and instantly, I feel the peace of the Lord rushing in and replacing all the worry! 

It's not always easy, it doesn't always make sense, but when we stop running around trying to fix everything, and we give up and rest in Him, then He can save us, He can make miracles work, and He can be glorified through the miracles he does. 

Today, turn all that stuff over to God. Free yourself of it, and trust God to deliver you from it! Rejoice in today, for this is the day that the LORD has made!!! 

Love you all!  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment